Welcome to my blog. . . .

I hope to bring new topics each week. Homes for sale, buyer information, seller tips, local statistics on the real estate market and more. Please email me if you have an idea that you would like covered.

Friday, August 13, 2010

I would never buy a home that. . . . .

You can fill in the blank with any feature or situation that you can think of, and I have had clients that have taken both sides of the argument.

For example:
I would never buy a home on a basement
I would never buy a home on a slab
I would never buy a home on a crawl space
I would never buy a home on a busy road
I would never buy a home in the back of a subdivision
I would never buy a home in a neighborhood with an HOA
I would never buy a home in a neighborhood without an HOA

Get the picture?  These are not the comments from one client (who has multiple personalities)  These are the specific desires of different home buyers.  You could get into county, school districts, exteriors, paint colors, styles, lot size, grass type, trees and many more and still have folks on the opposite side of the comments.  As a real estate agent, you will never hear me say, "Never buy a home that. . . ."  But you will hear me explain to my clients how their requirements will impact the purchase price (positively or negatively) as well as the potential resale value in the future.  If someone believes that the best home to buy. . . is next to a highway, in a flood zone, and under power lines, then I will help them find that home. . . .but I will be certain that they understand those decisions will impact the saleability in the future and the impact on the price they should be willing to pay now.  All features and situations surrounding a home impact the value.  Remember the old saying about the the 3 things that determine value in real estate. . .

1. Location. . . . 2. Location. . . . 3. Location   

That is true for the overall "values" for each area. However, every feature, size, quality, style etc has the final impact on the "fine tuned" value within the location, location, location.

Kids Crooked House
So, if you are a person who wants to buy a strange home, with a strange floor plan, in a strange area, painted a strange color. . .go ahead. . .but be educated on the "value" that results from your choices.

David Arnold
www.HomerunAtlanta.com
Your home team advantage. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment