Welcome to my blog. . . .

I hope to bring new topics each week. Homes for sale, buyer information, seller tips, local statistics on the real estate market and more. Please email me if you have an idea that you would like covered.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Being a Real Estate Agent in the Atlanta area.

I recently completed a few transactions that have helped remind me why I enjoy my profession. Being a real estate agent in the Atlanta area can be very challenging but it can be extremely rewarding at the same time. One client in particular was motivating to me. After the closing, I felt energized by that entire transaction and I spent some time trying to analyze why. These clients were a young couple buying their first home. They were referred to me by a past client and they showed excitement, fear, and focus at the same time. But why did their actions motivate me? They inspired me to work harder for them and I think some of the following reasons were why. . .
1. They trusted that I was the expert and listened to my input.
I am sure that they asked others for advice. All young buyers get "guidance" from their parents, friends and co-workers but my clients never made me feel like they were "checking up on me". . . they were just doing their due diligence.

2. They valued my time.
I always try to accommodate my clients and their schedules but it is nice to have someone show an understanding that even real estate agents have lives away from their jobs.

3. They showed faith in me and didn't question my intentions.
We had a few "difficult" situations during the buying process. . . .   More problems than most, but my clients always knew that I had their best interest in mind for every move/decision.

Ultimately, they ended up buying a fantastic loft in downtown Atlanta.
Standing on one of their balconies you can see CNN Center. Their new home is within walking distance of Philips Arena, (hello Thrashers and Hawks Fans) and Ted's Montana Grill is across the street.  Maybe best of all. . . it's over an hour closer to work!

I appreciate and enjoy all of my clients. . . frequently they remind me why I choose to work in real estate.  THANKS

David Arnold
REMAX Greater Atlanta
678-784-4354

No comments:

Post a Comment